In the photo archive, there are photographs of Prince Eugen’s art collections comprising circa 6,700 works. The images can be ordered for study or research purposes as well for commercial purposes. The museum’s collections consist of paintings, handicrafts, sculptures, drawings and graphic prints, but also Prince Eugen’s personal archive of letters and photographs. In the art collection there are works by Prince Eugen (around 3000 works) as well as by artists such as Ivan Aguéli, Richard Bergh, Eva Bonnier, Mina Carlsson-Bredberg, Isaac Grünewald, Ernst Josephson, Per Hasselberg, Edvard Munch, Vera Nilsson, Hanna Pauli, Anders Zorn and may others.
Send your order by e-mail to bildbeställning@waldemarsudde.se
Please provide the purpose of use, edition, image size, billing address.
Terms and conditions for publication
- Permission to use the image must be obtained by Prince Eugen’s Waldemarsudde.
- The artist’s name, the title of the work, the photographer’s name, and Prince Eugen’s Waldemarsudde (who owns the work and the rights to it) must always be stated.
- The image cannot be reproduced without permission or be cropped or manipulated in a way that changes the nature of the If only one detail has been replicated or if the image has been cropped, this must be stated in the accompanying text and have been approved by the museum.
- For documentation purposes, a copy of the publication where the work has been reproduced should be handed over to the museum.
- The museum reserves the right to reject usage of the image if it is contrary to the museum’s policy.
- A usage fee in accordance with Prince Eugen’s Waldemarsudde’s pricing list is paid via invoice unless agreed otherwise. The borrower is required to pay regardless of whether the material ordered is used or not.
The copyright of the artist/photographer is protected under Swedish copyright law governing literary works and works of art (SFS 1960:729). The law gives the originator sole right to determine what a work of art may be used for, regardless of whether the original is owned by someone else or not. The copyright to a work of art or photograph is acquired in accordance with the normal rules on inheritance and is valid for 70 years from the time of death of the artist or photographer. In case of reproduction or publication of an artwork, please contact the organisation BUS (Bildkonst Upphovsrätt i Sverige/Visual Arts Copyright in Sweden), www.bus.se
BUS grants permission to users and pays the originators. The copyright fee is thus not included in the user fee payable to the museum.
Books, newspapers, journals
1000 SEK for use of an image in the publication.
1500 SEK for use of an image on the cover of a publication.
There is no fee for reproducing images in academic texts.
In the museum’s collection database, there are low resolution images available to download for private use, which may only be used for private purposes.
For commercial use such as postcards, posters etc., contact the photo manager for prices. Catrin Lundeberg, bildbeställning@waldemarsudde.se, phone no.: 08-545 83 705.